03 April 2009

The Sea washed my Apples away

I laid my Apples on the sand
To take a warm bathe in the
Sea It took me all courage and might
Before I enjoyed the swim.

The warm Sea gave me comfort and heat
Soothing my pained and stressed life
Relieving me from the worries of the past
And conflicts of the present time.

I remembered how relaxed I was whenever I am soaked
The splashing waves massage my body
The salty liquid makes me grin
And leaves an indelible smile.

I can hear the Sea crying, roaring his secrets to my ear
Banging me with the constant currents
The Sea confides with me,
Telling me his dreams, his wants, his stories I can only be there to listen

To stay and swim, and be a friend.
Abruptly, I rose from his loving arms
And attempted to rest on the sand
And eat some of my Apples

Still beside the beach.
A sigh of pleasant grief!
Now I blissfully mourn
Gone are the shiny, wild Apples

The fruits are washed by the friendly Sea.
In disappointment I wept
There she floated with him
Eaten whole and selfishly

By the companion I thought to be.
She was ravaged by the amiable Sea
The crimson, sweet Apple
And I can only cry
With joyous tears in my eyes,
I say She is no longer for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment