25 April 2009

A blogging rebound (repost)

I told myself some five years ago, that in order for me to retain whatever writing skill I have, I should to maintain some journal or a diary so that I could express some things and thoughts on my mind.

However, time has been so selfish. I find it hard to again familiarize myself with letters and manipulate them. If such would be the predicament, I'll be defeated by Numbers and Letters and the next thing I knew they would be surging forward towards me and reduce me to rubles. But before they do that to me, let me prove my self then.

Well, early on, I was interviewed for a job (for the nth time) that I find both exciting and challenging unlike the current job. Not that I am tired of interviews, it's just that I do not know in what part of it I fail? Yes I do have my share of failures in job applications. Don't ask me how many times I failed, I just want to be honest that after five years of leaving school, the job I did not applied for in 2003 is still my job right now in 2008. Get the thought?

Although not of all the interviews of mine failed me. The University of the Philippines - School of Economics has recently approved my application to enter their ground and study Masters in Development Economics.

Prior to that I already have doubts I can ever pass the admissions exams and interview. Yes another oral exam. After the interview conducted by She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, I already raised the white flag. She was never a minute impressed of my academic track records. She was even doubtful of the results of the thesis which I have written and earned me an award. My castle are now sands as I exit her door although with still a cup full of hopes within my sleeves.

But just as I thought that the UPSE interview would add up to the statistics of my failures in interview, the UPSE sent me a positive note. Yehey! I am now on track and am continuing my Balik Aral.

A lesson learned after almost five years in government: Don't wait the hands of the clock to reach 5 PM, you'll get so so bored. I am saying this without remorse. To enable yourself to avail of a career growth in government, you must be able to castrate the office with obsolete people after then can you climb the career ladder. But I am not going to wait for that thing to happen. Good things are not given on a silver platter. One must strive in order to grab a food to eat.

Be that as it may, my five-year stint in government has opened my eyes into lots of possibilities and impossibilities, corruption (small time and big time), the principles of of politics, a terroristic department head and ugly local politics which has sowed a culture of patronage and dynasty.

Again, I will try my best to write about my five-year civil service experience in order to open up some closed eyes and make some people realize in what mud they are in right now.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment