28 April 2009

Billet doux


Ysabelle,

I quest for you in the midst of nowhere. And without much work I found you right beside me telling me that you’re ready to be a friend. There was smile, love, passion and all was history.

Your advent made me realize that I am not alone. That as a normal human being, I could again fall in love, this is the only moment that I realized how wonderful I am as a creation of Someone up there.

I may not be that knowledgeable about everything that you know. Your thoughts, aspirations and goals I may never understand. But the more I don’t comprehend these things, the greater urge in me to discover you more.

I may not that vocal about how I feel, for I know that it is clearly implied you knew it. Others call me insane and stupid knowing how I feel for you. In defense, I would say that there is much insanity and stupidity if I deny how much I desire of you.

Your eyes would tell me how good your soul is. Yours lips would give me a smile that would make me blissful for the next 24 strikes of the clock. How I wish those were of my possession.

Each day my craving for your attention increases, my demand goes up, my satisfaction isn’t fulfilled. Tonight, I’m looking at the endless sky. The darkness of the night gave me a wonderful thought of you that busied my senses. Suddenly, the drops of the evening dew showered upon my face, never expecting for you to come and fill up my senses. It was too late that I realized how deep I slept that night.

My heart and mind just can’t accept why there’s no possibility of you becoming mine; that you belong to another world, to another someone whose face I’d rather not see.

I know of love as a thing to be reciprocated it was only in my case that it could never go that way.


With great affection,


Louise

====================================================================================

Louise,


Everything seems to be in order tonight. The cool clouds are enveloping the sky, preventing me from seeing those stars; the stars that the two of us have together chained as our constellation of love.

There is serenity in that October affair, when the sun is at its softest ray and the breeze is blowing with star dust reminding people of the approaching yuletide.

We were unmindful of the unfriendly weather; we ignored the howling of the dogs and the crisp laughter of the jackals. All we know is that Cupid has conquered both of our worlds and fused it into one serene paradise.

We barely know each other and we don’t recognize the art of love yet, we blindly accepted each other. Like poor begging for alms, we opened up and embraced the miracle we are in.

Day by day your letters were regular visitors knocking at my doorsteps. Now I could spell ugly as beauty and boredom, glee. You turned my world from a crazy maniac to one tamed beast. I couldn’t ask for more.

From that day that I found that the God of Love is with me in my heart, I started to appreciate the blue sky and the red cardinal, the golden wheat and the tired peasant. It was but a world full of color.

But then it was only the beginning. Until I awake from the deep slumber that was fantasy, the sweet dream was nothing but grim nightmare. And with a hundred decibels I cry, awakening the monster of the underworld; the same beast that claimed the Adonis of my life.

Alas! It is still time for sorrow. For our worlds are separated by the great distance of heaven and earth; of jealousy and hatred. And I can only cry as what is used to be until I am eaten by Misery. My love isn’t love, until I set you free.


Ysabelle

No comments:

Post a Comment