16 May 2009

Storms in Summer

Those words are opposing one another. But it is one of reality that we are experiencing right now...

And while browsing the Inquirer online I come across some explanations under its Talk of the Town section under the Opinion page which comes out every Sunday. It is to my glee that I found a familiar name, someone I am quite familiar with. Prof. Carmina Villariba-Tolentino, Ph. D. wrote an article worth reading for for those who are wanting to have an idea why oh why on this part of the Earth we are being visited by two storms (or was it already three) even though it is obvious (as the calendar used to show) that it is indeed Summer (where is the Sun?). She (as of this writing) is currently Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences of the Manuel S. Enverga University Foundation, my Alma Mater.

I was under her stead twice as student in Physical and Biological Sciences (NS101 and NS 102) and modestly I got some curling grades from her (the point is I passed her subject twice and not twice under her in a single subject). Not that I hate her or her subjects, she was actually one of those few professors that I like. I say modestly because I know that I would meagerly use knowledge from whatever hardcore facts I get from her subject, and I say this with utmost respect and esteemed look at her and all those Science buffs out there, excuse me of my manners. She understands my stand and opinion (though it does not entirely qualify for my absences). I heard her one time with another professor say that her subjects are one of those anathema maranatha to me. What that does mean by the way? Well checking whatever left there is of knowledge that I have I can say that it connotes something not so good, as if I disregards her subjects. Neglect, deadma, kaliwali, wapakels something to those effects and that's another story together with other subjects that found miserably misplaced in the college curriculum.

Well Class this is her article and I hope everybody gets the idea of why we are having storms in the midst of summer. Enjoy whatever there is left of your Summer and of the Sun...

No comments:

Post a Comment